1. I was able to almost perfectly stick to my budget (just overspent on a few unexpected expenses). This meant:
- Not shopping for anything that is not essential (no new clothes, bags, shoes, accessories, etc)
- Staying away from enticing sales (Rockwell’s sale was a pretty hard struggle). The only time I failed was when Philips had their annual warehouse sale – where I got a component for less than half the price. A pretty good buy, right?
- Staying home more often
- Cheaper night outs (We would have dinner at home or in some cheap place first before meeting up with friends)
2. I only used my credit card once only (a P500 gasoline charge). Woohooo!
3. I did a whole lot of extra work to earn money solely for debt repayment (following #10 in Thriftmommy’s 20 ways to pay off debt)
Because of all these, once all my checks clear this coming week, I’ll be able to pay off two of my credit cards!!! Yipee! =D They’re the two with the lower amounts of debt, but paying them off will put my total debt down to just 5 figures.
Woot! Now, if I can just do this for two more months, I’ll be debt-free and investing soon!